Thursday, August 28
Tuesday, August 26
to apply force. 4. Flexibility - the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power - The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time. 6. Speed - The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement. 7. Coordination - The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns
into a singular distinct movement. 8. Agility - The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another. 9. Balance - The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base. 10. Accuracy - The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.) If you want to test your over all physical ability, learn something new and have a blast don't miss the next Parkour event.
Friday, August 22
Thursday, August 21
Keep pulling hard.
We have had a lot of new faces in the gym within the last couple of weeks, the cool part is that all those people seem to have made themselves right at home with us. I love the type of people Crossfit attracts; hard working, friendly, and always willing to help. Every new person we have had has commented on how friendly the members are, I have to say I don't think someone with an unfriendly attitude would make it very long in our gym. That is what we love about the Crossfit community, especially our members. Keep up the hard work!
Tuesday, August 19
This Saturday we will be having a Parkour class from 12:30-2:30 ($15.00. Meet at the gym at 12:00 and we will head out from there.
Good post on nutrition.
Thursday, August 14
Saturday, August 9
Angela coaching a fundamentals class. These classes are paramount in the success of each persons training. They lay foundation for quality training at CrossFit Spokane.
Thursday, August 7
The workout this Saturday will be in Medical Lake.
Don't forget about this Saturday. We will be at Water Front Park in Medical Lake for the workout and Trisha's going away WOD. The gym will not be open on Saturday.
We would also like to welcome Fast Trac Performance/CrossFit Spokane Valley http://www.fasttracperformance.com/ to the area. They are open and ready to go. We wish all the best to them as they join us in the fight against big box/Globo gyms.
If you want the best training come see us.
CrossFit Spokane would like to welcome all CrossFitters from other affiliates who need a place to train while they are in town. We have had several over the last couple of weeks and are always excited to see you guys and gals.
Nick (AFL2) Hang Cleans 335lbs Rachel (Thrush Sports Performance)
Wednesday, August 6
Saturday, August 2
CrossFit will change your life!
Sean (Valley Fire) doing 5 min. of the secret service snatch test. He has come so far in his level of fitness in just a few weeks, all of our top performers watch out.
It seems we have had a couple of people ask us about training while pregnant over the last couple of weeks, so when I saw this I thought it would be helpful to our expectant mothers who may have any questions or concerns. Angela was doing CrossFit and teaching Spin classes on Fairchild AFB into her 8th month of pregnancy with our last child (Brooklyn).
Anyone can do CrossFit and everyone can benefit from CrossFit!
This post is taken from CrossFit Valdosta.
Post comments on your thoughts about continuing training while pregnant and the benefits it provides!!!!!!
Some of the benefits that exercise offers to expecting mothers are:
1) Speedier recovery after delivery
2) Increased sense of well being and self esteem during and after pregnancy
3) Less leg cramps
4) Larger placenta which in turn provides an increased nutrient base for the baby
5) Decrease the risk of excessive weight gain caused by an increase of fat storage
6) Stronger lower back which in turn reduces the risk of lower back pains
7) Boost in energy levels
8) Decrease the likelihood of varicose veins
9) Reduced chances of having a Cesarean birth
10) Higher chances of achieving labor either a few days earlier or on time
11) Exercise helps prepare the body for the stresses imposed by labor and delivery